How digital access to fitness programs has changed my life (and can change yours, too).
Does that seem a little dramatic? Maybe. But, I’m not kidding. Beachbody On Demand (Beachbody’s online streaming fitness platform) has made a huge difference in my health and fitness journey. Beachbody On Demand has helped me reach goals I didn’t think possible. It has helped me stay fit and healthy despite being a busy working mom of two kids two and under. It has helped me keep my sanity. And it has helped me feel both mentally and physically stronger. Beachbody On Demand has helped me become more confident and comfortable in my own skin and has helped me be happier.
I was always a gym rat. I loved my spin classes, weight classes, HIIT classes. And I still love them but, when I became a mom, it was so much harder to get to the gym. So I thought I’d give home workouts a shot, and it absolutely changed everything for me. Since then, I found that I could workout just 30 minutes a day in the comfort of my home and not spend hours at a gym. I've found that home workouts (when you find the right ones) are challenging and absolutely can get you the results if you pair it with the right nutrition and accountability/support.
I can sneak in a workout before the kids wake.
I'll sneak in a workout during nap-time.
I don’t have to drive anywhere to workout.
I can literally push play and be exercising within 5 minutes of waking.And I can push pause to attend to my 2-year old or 5-month old. This happened very frequently especially when he was just a few weeks old. Breastfeed. Workout. Pause. Change diaper. Workout. Pause. Breastfeed. Workout. HA! But, no matter the interruptions, I got it done.
When I first started my very first Beachbody program, the 21 Day Fix in February of 2015, after having my first child, I used the DVDs, but soon after I learned about Beachbody on Demand (the digital streaming of fitness programs) and fell in love with it. Why? A few reasons…
What are the Benefits of Beachbody on Demand?
- The cost is the best deal you will find anywhere for a fitness membership
- I could stream it anywhere with WiFi: to my phone, iPad, computer, the Apple TV (and other smart TV applications such as Roku, Amazon Fire & Google Chromecast)
- I no longer had an excuse when I was on vacation not to workout!
- Not only did I have access to the 21 Day Fix, but I had access to hundreds of other workouts (I never got bored!!)
- Instant access to the nutrition plan, workout calendar, and more
- The ability to do any of the workouts available to you on demand, not just the DVDs you have at home
- There is a cooking show, Fixate that shares healthy and delicious recipe ideas that align with your program’s nutrition plan
- The trainers who have created these programs are top notch and give you a seriously good, effective, and efficient workout
- Variety. Yoga. Pilates. Cardio workouts. Bodyweight workouts. Workouts with weights. Kick-boxing style workouts. You name it, they’ve got it!
With the DVDs I have to be honest, it drove me a little bonkers when the standard health warning would scroll the screen (and feel like an eternity). Anyone else?! I would go hit play, use the bathroom, brush my teeth, change and come back so the workout was set and ready to go. With Beachbody On Demand, you can scroll through the warning and click accept and, voila! You’re in!
The flexibility of Beachbody On Demand is unbeatable!
There are days where sometimes you just don’t feel like following the program calendar of your current program. With Beachbody On Demand you literally have hundreds of other workouts to choose from.
Feeling sore, achy, and tired? You can rejuvenate with a workout from the Yoga Retreat.
Don’t feel like using weights on Monday? Pick a program that is all body weight.
Don’t want to follow one specific program? No problem. Beachbody offers a Challenge De Jour, or workout of the day. It’s a systematic schedule so you’re not working on the same muscle group from one day to the next.
Plus you can workout anytime, anywhere.
Going on vacation and no sure how you’ll find time to workout? There are workouts as short as 10 minutes (ie: 10 minute trainer or various core workouts), or cardio and strength workouts as short as 22 minutes!
I have worked out in a hotel room, a hotel gym, on the beach, in the basement of a rental home, and even on the lawn of my aunt and uncle’s farm.
You really can bring this with you anywhere, and, the beauty of having access to various programs means you can choose ones that require no equipment.
And you won’t find a better bang for your buck anywhere!
The price you pay for this Beachbody On Demand membership is honestly the best value for access to top notch fitness and nutrition programs that will give you the results you have been looking for.
For fun, I thought I would look up the various cost of some gym memberships and some of the hot new workout facilities around the nation just for comparison…
What do other fitness memberships costs?
- The National Strength and Conditioning Association conducted a recent survey of personal trainer prices and found an average of $50 per hour with a range of $15 to $100 per hour.
- Our local YMCA has a joining fee of $100. For a single adult, the cost is $63/month or a family membership (2 adults + kids) is $99/month
- 24 Hour Fitness has a special right now, so joining fee is just $24.99 and the monthly fee is $29.99/month, but there is also a $49.99 annual fee and a 12 month commitment required.
- FlyWheel, a new up and coming studio in Seattle offering cycling and barre classes has a new customer special of $410 for a 4-week challenge (max of 20 classes during that time period). Otherwise, the cheapest monthly option is $250/month with a 3 month commitment required.
- Orangetheory Fitness is approximately $169/month for unlimited sessions, and doesn’t have childcare.
- Hot Yoga, Inc. 1 month unlimited class access $149/month or annual unlimited pass for $1,199. Also no childcare.
- Barre3 does offer childcare, but only a few specific classes and times per week. The membership fee for unlimited class access is $160/month.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I actually love hot yoga. But I can’t stomach the cost of the $20+ drop in fee. I would love to try Orangetheory Fitness, but as a busy Mom, I would rarely get to a class since there is no childcare.
Personally, I don’t feel the need to have a personal training session as I feel like I get that every day through the programs I have access to on Beachbody On Demand.
I also have my Beachbody Coach who got me back on track with my health and fitness journey who really feels like my personal trainer at times. My hope is that as a Beachbody coach myself, I, too, am providing enough guidance with your fitness and nutrition that you would never feel like you needed a personal trainer, either!
Truth be told, we belong to our local YMCA, primarily because we belong to a triathlon group that meets once a week and we absolutely love the community that we have developed with this group. I also love to swim, and as awesome as that would be to have pool in our home, we don’t.
But as a mom of two kids two and under, I’ve found it much more difficult to get to the gym and found my solution in Beachbody On Demand and home workouts.
Beachbody on Demand is for anyone and everyone. There is a program to suit all interests, abilities, fitness levels, body types, gender & ages.
So how much does Beachbody On Demand cost?
Okay, so I’ve broken down how much other programs cost, so by now I’m sure you are thinking “How much is Beachbody On Demand?” Let’s break it down:
$99.95/year = $8.33/month = $1.92/week = $0.27/day
Best. Fitness. Membership. Ever.
Let me ask you this: Is your health and well-being worth 27 cents a day?
And it gets even better…
As of December 27th 2016, Beachbody On Demand got even better (I had no idea that was even possible).