In the world of health & fitness, historically, January is busy busy busy. My inbox will be full of messages asking me about fitness and nutrition programs. New Year's Resolution, right?!
But for some reason, many ignore December. "I'll start in the New Year."
Personally, I feel the most motivated toward the end of the year because I want to finish the year strong — I don't want to feel like I'm starting at square one come January 1st. Of course I also want to enjoy the holidays, but I find that I actually enjoy it more when I am working out and eating healthy. It helps me not feel gross or guilty when do indulge!
So I’m not waiting, and you shouldn’t either!
Whether you decided to start now or wait until January 1st, I wanted to give you a few of my favorite at-home starter programs to help you work towards your New Year’s goals!
Why try at-home workouts vs. joining a gym?
The beauty of our home workouts with Beachbody is that there is truly a program for everyone! And they’re beyond convenient! You can squeeze in a workout whenever you have time without worrying about packing up and driving to the gym. You don’t have to deal with class schedules or start times. Simply change into your workout clothes, press play and you’re ready to get your sweat on!
Like I said there are so many program to choose from, my focus here, though, is to share programs with you that are:
- Programs I love
- Easy to fit into a busy schedule
- Perfect for those looking to start their health and fitness journey, or get back on track after a little hiatus (hey, we’ve all be there – busy life, babies, travel, injury… you name it).
Top 4 Best Home Workout Plans for New Years Resolutions and Beyond!
1) 21 Day Fix
First of all, let’s talk about the program I started with — my first home fitness program ever. I was just 12-weeks postpartum with my first kiddo (who is now nearly 4!). I was skeptical that home workouts could help me lose weight or gain strength. And I was doubtful that I’d enjoy it at all. Man, was I wrong!
- Best for: This is great for those looking for a simple, fun way to get into shape
- Commitment Time: 30 minutes/day, 7 days/week (two are active recovery days), 3 weeks long
- Nutrition Plan: Easy to follow nutrition plan which eliminates the guesswork with color-coded portion control containers. You won’t be calorie counting, you won’t be weighing food, and you won’t be eliminating carbs and fats (WOO!)
- Required Equipment: Medium & light set of weights or resistance band
- Recommended Equipment: Yoga mat
This program is where most of my customers start! The workouts are challenging, but easily doable for all fitness levels! It combines light weight lifting, body weight workouts, and cardio, so you’ll get a little taste of everything.
Are you looking for a way to stay in shape, but can’t workout 6-7 days a week? I get it! While I’ve complete programs like that, it’s a struggle, I’m just too busy! The good news is, we have a program that is just 4 days/week. And it’s one of my favorite programs so far!
- Best for: This is for the busy person who wants to combine strength training (lifting weights) with HIIT (high intensity interval training) and a strong emphasis on your core
- Commitment Time: 30-40 minutes, 4 days/week, for 8 weeks with recommended 10-minute recovery videos on your rest days
- Nutrition Plan: Similar to the 21 Day Fix meal plan with color-coded portion containers. But the fun part? You’re allowed 1 “cheat day” per week!!
- Required Equipment: A set of light, medium, and heavy weights
- Recommended Equipment: Fitness or yoga mat
Like I said, this is one my my favorites so far! In just 30-40 minutes you’ll achieve results that would take most people 1.5+ hours daily at the gym! The program does this by focusing on 1-2 small sets of muscles per workout and working them to fatigue.
Workouts combine weightlifting, HIIT (learn more about high-intensity interval training here) and core work for a total-body transformation! You can lighten up your weight for an easier workout or follow along with the modifier during the HIIT portion if you’re struggling and you’ll STILL get a great workout!
Plus, there are 32 different workouts — you’ll never watch the same video twice and you’ll never get bored.
Are you a yoga and/or pilates lover? We have the perfect program for you. Truth be told, I was never the biggest fan of yoga until I got injured after baby #3 this past February. I cannot tell you how much this program has helped me regain core strength after my C-section, heal my back, and gain more flexibility.
- Best for: This is great for yoga/pilates lovers looking to get long, lean, and toned
- Commitment Time: Varies from 20-40 minutes, 6 days/week for 60 days
- Nutrition Plan: Simple eating plan that lays out healthy food groups and servings and allows to to build a flexible meal plan around those guidelines
- Recommended Equipment: Yoga mat. You can also include strength slides for the bonus workouts (man, do they work your booty!)
This doesn’t require weights, is lower impact, yet, will still get your heart rate going with dynamic, faster-paced workouts than you’re used to in classic yoga/pilates classes!
We also have a 3 Week Yoga Retreat if you’re looking for a more classic yoga workout — this has been great for me, too, as I healed my back!
4) Focus T25
Looking for something more cardio focused? Man, do I have the program for you. Created by one of my favorite trainers, Shaun T (you’ve heard of Insanity, right?!) This guy has MANY programs, but this specific one is perfect for those looking for a good sweat and modifiable for all fitness levels. Trust me, you’ll see the results you’re looking for!
- Best for: This is for anyone looking to lose weight, gain strength, and/or tighten the core
- Commitment Time: 25 minutes, 5 days/week, for 10 weeks long
- Nutrition Plan: Delicious easy recipes that focus on eating “real” foods
- Required Equipment: A light set of weight and/or resistance band
- Recommended Equipment: Fitness or yoga mat for floor/core moves
Best of all, Shaun T is releasing a brand new program in January, so this would set you up to jump right into our newest program that will be just 20 minutes/day. More on that later, though!
BOUNS) 2B Mindset
Ok. So, I know there’s some of you out there who struggle more with nutrition than fitness. You either already workout regularly, or can’t work out due to medical problems and that’s cool — we’ve recently released a new type of nutrition program that people are falling in love with.
The goal is simple, enjoyable, sustainable nutrition — not a quick fix meal plan or diet.
2B Mindset is Beachbody’s first program that is 100% focused on nutrition and does not require a workout component! It’s a program that teaches you how to lose weight without calorie counting or exercising. It all starts will short informative videos you can easily watch whenever you have some free time!
- 21 short videos that teach the basic principles of the program including how to understand food groups, what to eat & when, Ilana’s proven secrets to a positive mindset, and real-life strategies to manage any situation surrounding food (vacation, business trips, restaurants, dinner parties, etc)
- 15 recipe videos of Ilana’s favorites that are delicious (and time-saving!)
- 5 videos that help address the most common challenges related to weight loss and establishing a healthier relationship with food
Learn how to create habits that will help you lose weight (if that is the goal) and then maintain your weight while staying healthy.
Discover why certain foods are essential for maximizing your metabolism and weight loss.
Take advantage of tips for increasing water intake, preparing vegetables, and fantastic recipe ideas
Gain the tools to manage real-life situations, like going to a dinner party, out to eat, on vacation or a business trip, and eating at home without fear or anxiety that you are going to “fall off the wagon.”
I would love to know which of these style of programs are most appealing to you?! Or do you have any questions about these program? Let me know in the comments below and I’ll get back to you.
Ready to get started on your health and fitness journey? I host monthly accountability groups (100% free for you) where I share tips and we help motivate each other daily!
If you’re interested, CLICK HERE and we can chat about which program might be best for you and talk about whether you’d like to join an accountability group! I can’t wait to help you get started!