For anyone that knows me, you know I am very much a Type-A personality. I do better when I have a plan in place. I do better when I have a checklist. And I love checking things off that list. So, being able to check off 1 workout each day for ONE HUNDRED days? I’m in!
Introducing Morning Meltdown 100
Boost your metabolism. Burn fat. Gain strength. Feel confident. And you get muuuuuusic!
This program is perfect for the busy person who wants to become or stay strong, healthy and fit, but has trouble finding the time to workout. In just 20-30 minutes per day, Jericho McMatthews, our Super Trainer for this program, will lead you through a workout that is intended to help you transform your body!
And it’s the first program Beachbody has ever created that has completely custom music with a live DJ on set with the cast. I, personally, am pumped!
What can you expect from these workouts?
- Short: Just 20-30 minutes/day
- Variety: You’ll see workouts that incorporate HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training), resistance, mobility, and/or active recovery workouts.
- New Unique Exercises: There were SO many moves I'd never done before.
- Progress: Jericho has created 100 unique workouts to progress you through the program, which means no plateaus — and never repeating the same workout!
- Music: For the first time ever, there will be a live DJ during the workout with “beats per minute” coordinated with each specific move.
Here are the workouts you'll see:
- Cardio Meltdown: "Sweat to the beat while you work to improve your aerobic endurance." No equipment required.
- Upbeat Strength: "Sculpt a stronger back, chest, shoulders, and arms with rhythm-based time-under-tension moves." Requires light, medium, & heavy dumbbells.
- Core Inferno: "Burn out your abs and melt off layers with challenging core-strengthening exercises." Requires light & medium dumbbells.
- Total Body Badass: "Build full-body strength with lighter weights and intense plyometric exercises in this exhilarating workout." Requires light & medium dumbbells.
- Freestyle Flow: "Half yoga-flow inspired, half mobility workout, this routine is designed to help with your recovery." Yoga mat optional.
- Lit Cardio: "This high-intensity interval training workout is designed to torch the fat off your body. " No equipment required.
- Downbeat Strength: "Build stronger quads, hamstrings, and glutes with rhythm-based time-under-tension moves." Requires light, medium, & heavy dumbbells.
- Fight Club: "Jericho draws from a variety of mixed martial arts disciplines for an incredible core-shredding cardio session." No equipment required.
- Meltcon: "Break the beat with total-body strength training which will challenge your cardiovascular system to help you build muscle and melt major calories." Requires light, medium, & heavy dumbbells.
- Re-Vibe: "Refresh and revive as you recover with a yoga-inspired flow and then transition into deep, static stretches that aid in recovery." Yoga mat optional.
What fitness level is this designed for?
I'm not going to sugar coat this: these workout are intense. BUT there are TWO modifiers you can follow along with, making every exercise accessible to ALL fitness levels. The workout modifications will take a little bit of the intensity out and give you low-impact options!
So, while it's classified as an Intermediate/Advanced program, by following the modifications it's completely access able to anyone at the Beginner Level!
I'm going to be doing this program while PREGNANT with twins, so you can BET I'll be modifying. Ha!
Why is it called “Morning Meltdown 100?”
What you do in the morning can set the tone for the entire day. Honestly, if you can commit to 20–30 minutes/day for YOU in the morning, you will feel happier. You will feel accomplished. You will feel strong. And you will see AMAZING results.
I’m often asked how the heck I can get up at 4:30AM to workout? Well, there’s a few things that help me gain that motivation and energy:
1. I like having my evenings free.
I work 10-hour days as a Nurse Practitioner, which means I’m not home until 4:30/5PM on most days. I want my after-work time to be spent with my kiddos and husband, not working out. Otherwise, I wouldn’t see my kids much on those days since bedtime begins at 7 for them!
2. I’ve seen it with myself and with many of my friends and challengers: life happens.
If you want to do your workout at the end of the day, or when you find a crack in the day, it often doesn’t happen. Kiddos don’t nap when you think they do. Your kid gets sick. You get invited to happy hour. Or frankly, you’re just too exhausted from the day. But when you do it first thing in the morning, these things won’t get in your way!
3. It’s the type of start to my day that I need.
Starting my day with “me time” during my workout gives me a chance to reset, set an intention for the day, and start each day on a positive note!
4. My energy levels are much higher if I’ve started the day with a workout.
This is likely because when you workout in the AM, your metabolism gets revved up immediately! Your endorphin rush starts before you get out the door. On the days I choose to sleep in instead, I feel much more lethargic, less focused, and fatigued throughout the day.
5. Stress reduction.
Exercise is my outlet, it helps me release all the stress from everything going on in my life and start each day fresh!
"Do the workouts HAVE to be done in the morning?"
Absolutely not! While it is recommended (and hence the program title), it's not necessary.
You can do these workouts WHENEVER you have the time — mornings, nights, or evening — and you'll still get the same results: more energy, burning more calories thought the day, and of course, amazing results!
Who is Jericho McMatthews?
Jericho is one of my favorite super trainers! I was first introduced to her with a program called Core de Force. At that time she was postpartum, and so was I. She gave me the faith that I could get back to a place I felt good in my own skin again, too.
I then got to meet and take a picture with her when I became certified to teach Core de Force classes! She is down to earth, humble, and a beautiful Mom. And she will kick your freaking booty — she does mine, and I can’t wait for her to do it all over again with Morning Meltdown 100.
She holds personal training certifications from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), the American Fitness Association of America (AFAA), and the American Council on Exercise (ACE) and has more than a decade of experience as a fitness leader!
Why Beachbody On Demand? Why Morning Meltdown 100?
If you’ve been following my journey, then you know that the majority of my workouts are streamed into my poorly lit, short-ceiling, basement at the crack of dawn. But Beachbody’s at home fitness programs are hands-down one of the best ways to effectively and efficiently stay healthy, lose weight, and gain strength in the comfort of your own home.
It’s how despite being a working, busy, mom (32 hours a week as a Nurse Practitioner AND growing my online health & fitness business), I’m able to squeeze in a quick workout most days. It’s how with three kiddos ages 4 and under, I’ve been able to get back to a place of confidence and strength.
Before I found these at-home programs (and before I became a mother), I was a total gym rat. I‘m a former college soccer player. I was training for marathons and triathlons. I had this misconception that I need to spend at least an hour plus each day doing cardio. I loved a good fitness class (and still do!), but getting to a class while being a busy mom has become nearly impossible!
With Beachbody On Demand I have 700+ workouts at my fingertips that I can access anywhere with WiFi. Plus, there are always multiple programs released throughout the year, so I never get bored.
I recently was in Hawaii and didn’t miss a beat with my accountability group or program because I was able to download and stream the workouts to my iPad.
And I have to tell you, I have not been this excited for the release of a new program in a LONG time.
Are you as excited as I am? Ready to get started?!
MAN, can you imagine that feeling of crossing off day 100 from your calendar?! Are you ready to do this with me?!